Monday, June 3, 2013

Hook's Pan by Marie Hall

Title: Hook's Pan
Author: Marie Hall
Publisher: Marie Hall Publishing 
Publish Date: April 24, 2013

Synopsis:

Trishelle Page has known pain in her life, but instead of it making her weak, she's stronger. Confident. That is until the day a fairy named Danika kidnaps her during her staring role in Peter Pan's play and tells her not only do fairy tales exist, but that she's the soulmate of the pirate they call Hook, making her question everything she ever thought she knew.

Captain James Hook is a man at the end of his rope. He's not the villainous bastard tales have made him out to be. So when the curvaceous blonde drops literally at his feet, he aims to prove it to her. If only to get her into his bed.

What neither one knows is that fate and magic are conspiring and they can deny the attraction all they want but their happily ever after is already written, it's just a matter of getting there.      

Review:
Anyone who knows me, knows I love the bad boys. 100%. Marie Hall has an amazing series here! I absolutely love the concept of putting a twist in traditional stories and making them utterly unique, and Marie Hall has one heck of an imagination that is able to blaze up the pages of her books! Yes, I said books. While I received Hook's Pan on NetGalley to review, I have already went into iBooks and bought some more from The Kingdom Series. Yeah, they are that good!

I loved the depth she showed in James Hook, and I really did love that he showed a sweet, caring, and compassionate side. He really was deliciously bad in this book. Have I mentioned that I really like the bad boys? Trishelle was a great character as well, she mixed effortlessly with Hook. They were two sides of one coin.

I loved the fairy Danika, it was nice to see Tinkerbell dismissed basically as a mean little sadistic fairy ;) I am now waiting for my best friend to call yelling at me for that statement! But it is refreshing to see Neverland through a different set of eyes!

It was interesting part of her story when she explained why Captain Hook did not like Peter Pan, and it was evident the amount of pain he felt. Marie Hall breathed new life into stories that are normally meant for children, leaving the adult readers wanting more. I honestly hope she finds more to bad boys to feature in her Kingdom Series, because honestly, she wrote a gem with Hook's Pan! I absolutely adore it and it is a book you will read time and again!

Fly away to Neverland again, one ruled by emotions, lust, love, and hatred; a Neverland where nothing is what you thought it was. Fall in love with the bad boys for the first time. Don't miss out on The Kingdom Series! You really want to be included on this hidden treasure!

Oh, don't forget to follow Marie Hall's blog!

No comments:

Post a Comment